- Train is pulled by a C-57 Type 4-6-2 Narrow Gauge Steam Locomitive built in 1937.
- Round trip journey between Ogori and Tsuwano can be made in one day with time for sightseeing and lunch in Tsuwano.
- Train staff dressed in vintage attire to add to the "back in time" atmosphere.
- Delicious Japanese Obento severed along with beer and other beverages.
- Train has several classes of cars including a rear observation car.
- Train travels through beautiful scenery in Yamaguchi Prefecture.
- Train makes several brief stops along the way making it great for railfan photographers.
- A great chance to see a steam locomotive turned on a vintage turntable in Tsuwano.
The Yamaguchi Line is in Western Japan on the Island of Honshu. The Yamaguchi Line steam train runs between Ogori and Tsuwano. Ogori connects to one of the north-south mainlines running through Japan. The closest major city to this line is Hiroshima. It is easy to take a Shinkansen or a limited express train from one of the major airports and get off at Ogori. Since the steam train is a special train, you cannot use the Japan Rail Pass on it. You need to purchase a ticket for the train in advance as all seats are reserved.